The most common income types obtained in Spain by Nonresidents


The most common income types obtained in Spain by Nonresidents Tax payers is the income obtained from urban Real Estate Assets

According to Spanish law, natural persons that are non-residents who own urban buildings in Spanish territory, used for their own use rather than for economic activity, or vacant, are subject to non-resident income tax for the income obtained from these buildings. The taxable base corresponding to the income obtained from urban property assets in Spanish territory will be determined according to Personal Income Tax regulations. For these purposes, income must be calculated as 1.1% of the rateable value of the building (2% if the rateable value has not been revised or changed since 1 January 1994). The Taxable base will be calculated without deducting expenses of any kind. The tax rate is 24% (24.75% from 1 January 2012 until 1 December 2014, inclusive).

2 comentarios sobre “The most common income types obtained in Spain by Nonresidents

  1. I have spoken to Ana Belen in the Mojacar Office and she has advised that I contact you regarding the issue of non residents declaring their rental income. Due to the new regulations many of our owners need to declare their income and I would like to know if there is a minimum amount they can earn before they pay tax ? Do they have to do a submission 4 times a year?
    I have a number of clients who are renting for between 6 – 8 weeks in the high season and are very confused as to the way forward for them.
    Could you please let me have a price for acting for them so that I can e-mail my clients the details?
    Many thanks and I look forward to hearing from you.

Deja una respuesta

Tu dirección de correo electrónico no será publicada. Los campos obligatorios están marcados con *